Begin with Skin Med Spa
Medical Spa located in Chelmsford, MA
As you get older, your body’s production of collagen and elastin slows. These fibers are responsible for keeping your skin looking youthful. At Begin With Skin Med Spa in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, certified medical aesthetician, Joanne Sargent, RN, and her team offer a variety of dermal fillers to replace the lost volume and restore the appearance of your skin. If you want to know more about these safe and effective treatments, call or schedule a consultation online today.
Dermal Fillers Q & A
What is a dermal filler?
A dermal filler is an injectable cosmetic treatment designed to replace lost skin volume. The injections diminish the appearance of wrinkles, shallow facial contours, and thin lips.
What are the available dermal fillers?
Joanne and her team at Begin With Skin Med Spa offer a variety dermal filler products to address a wide range of skin concerns. The options include:
- Restylane: Restylane® products, including Lyft, Refyne, Defyne, and Silk, add volume and contouring to your skin to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds. Restylane is also FDA-approved for lip enhancement, providing fullness and definition.
- Radiesse: Radiesse® replaces lost volume and stimulates collagen production in your skin. It can fill in lines and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth and restore lost volume and collagen in your hands.
- Belotero Balance: Belotero Balance® is a hyaluronic acid-based filler designed specifically to fill and smooth nasolabial folds. It maintains natural movement and facial expressions, and it integrates with your skin tissue for a natural appearance and feel.
- Juvederm: Juvederm® is a family of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, including Juvederm XC and Juvederm CX Plus. Each Juvederm product is specially formulated for a different part of your face. Joanne and her team can lift your cheeks, fill parentheses lines, or plump your lips with these industry-leading products.
- Voluma: Voluma® is a member of the Juvederm family of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. It’s specifically designed to replace volume loss in your cheeks and create a contoured, youthful appearance.
What should I expect during a dermal filler treatment?
Your dermal filler treatment will begin with a consultation. Your nurse injector will carefully examine your skin and talk with you in detail about your lifestyle and skin concerns. This consultation will allow them to recommend the best products to address your needs.
On the day of your treatment, your nurse injector will gently cleanse your face and mark the places they intend to make the injections. The injections aren’t painful, but if you have sensitive skin or are uncomfortable with needles, they can apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort.
Your nurse injector will use a blunt tip cannula when appropriate. Blunt tip cannulas are thin flexible needles that can reduce discomfort and bruising.
Your nurse injector will begin making your injections, stopping from time to time to examine their work and massage the filler into place. Your treatment will take 30-40 minutes, and you won’t need to take any time out of your day to recover, although you should avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours after your appointment.
Call or schedule an appointment online with the team at Begin With Skin Med Spa today to restore your youthful appearance.